The country day comprises the following activities:
- Welcome Ceremony: Typical “empanadas” (meat pies) and beverages (wine from Argentinian Wineries, beer, sodas and water).
- Lunch: “Asado” (barbecue), salad bar, grilled vegetables and dessert and coffee. Beverages: wine, beer, sodas and water.
- Teatime or ¨Mateada¨: Next to the Big “Fogón” or under the Big Cedar Tree: Creole Cakes and “alfajores” (biscuits filled with “dulce de leche”- milk jam). Coffee, mate and tea. It would be specially accompanied by a traditional gaucho that play guitar as sample of our argentine folklore.
La Porteña offers to our guests an unforgettable coutry day full of tradition and folklore. Our visitors can enjoy of the different landscapes, sounds, tastes, country life and comfort of the Estancia and of the region.
Schedule: 11:00- 18:30 hrs
- A visit to the main house, bedroom and study of Ricardo Güiraldes.
- Guided horse- rides through the woods, inside the Estancia, and around the agriculture and ranching countryside.
- “Sulky” rides (horse-drawn carriages)
- Guitarreada folklórica.
- “Destreza criolla” – Creole Skill Show: including “carreras de sortijas” and “cuadreras” (creole ring and horse races).
- Visit country animals (pigs, cows, lambs, chicken, ducks,etc)
- Swimming Pool (during the season).
- Playroom for kids, sand box, swing and slide for kids.
- We have for children: sandpit, swings, slide, playhouse, a place with toys and activities for children.
- Other sports (volleyball, futbol y Bike rides).
- Tv Plasma and Wi Fi in a common area.
- Guided visit to the ¨Ricardo Güiraldes¨ Museum and Creole Park and tour around San Antonio de Areco.
- “Doma India” - Indian Horse Training (training horses by trust)
- Army jeep ride (jeep from 1944)
- Ask for riding lessons.
- Demonstration and Polo classes.
- Relaxing massages
- Golf (10 min. from the Ranch).